Transportation Business report combines OPAL tap-on/tap-off data from NSW Trains, Ferries, Buses, Light Rail & Metro. We use these data to compare public transport utilization year over year (2020 vs 2019). The aim is to understand
the impact of COVID-19 on passenger levels across all modes of public transport, using 2019 as our baseline.
The common dimensions available in the report include Service, Fare Type and Transport Mode. A definition of these can be found below:
- Service: Refers to the service where the tap-on/tap-off occurred e.g. Manly Ferry
- Fare Type: Refers to the type of fare for which the tap-on/tap-off occurred e.g. Adult
- Transport Mode: Refers to the mode of transport where the tap-on/tap-off occurred e.g. Train
- Ferry: https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/dataset/opal-trips-ferry
- Bus: https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/dataset/opal-trips-bus
- Train (Includes Metro): https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/dataset/opal-trips-train
- Light Rail: https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/dataset/opal-trips-light-rail
- Passengers 2020: Sum of Passengers for 2019 (Excluding months that are yet to occur in 2020 e.g. September).
- Passengers 2020 Sum of Passengers for 2020
- Absolute Change Year over Year: Passengers 2020 - Passengers 2019
- Percentage Change Year over Year: (Passengers 2020 - Passengers 2019) / Passengers 2019
- Passengers Current Reporting Period: Sum of Passengers for the latest reporting month
- Passengers Current Reporting Period Previous Year: Sum of Passengers for the